Friday, July 11, 2014

Coastal Watercolor Cutout Series

 

Ahoy friends! Without further ado, I am very proud to present a small series of illustrations I've been working on over the past year. Since time seems to be a rare commodity these days, I've been slowly, ever so slowly chipping away at these, making refinements, adding and subtracting for what seems like forever. But I think they are at a good place now.

I was very inspired by the watery textures and soft colors in my darling daughter's paintings, and thought they would lend themselves to a coastal themed series. I snipped and nipped and played with negative space. I love that they are perfectly imperfect.




What do you think? I'd like to keep expanding on these and would welcome some ideas. Prints will be available on Etsy soon!

No comments: